COR DEVELOPMENT TO HOST THIRD HOLIDAY DRIVE
November – December Holiday Drive Will Collect Non-Perishable Food Items, Toiletries and Stocking Stuffers for the Salvation Army
Syracuse, NY – Following last year’s successful holiday drive, COR Development today announced that it will host a third holiday drive in COR’s shopping centers and other locations around the Syracuse area. Beginning Monday, November 18, and running through December 13, the public is encouraged to drop off non-perishable food items, toiletries, and stocking stuffers for boys and girls. Examples of stocking stuffers include coloring books, crayons, bathtub markers, board games, stickers, holiday candy, books, silly putty, etc.
The donations will be given to the Salvation Army.
“Last year, COR’s winter holiday drive was a tremendous success. We were able to provide dozens of boxes and bags of non-perishable food, toiletries and clothing to two local non-profits helping so many families in need. Due to this great success, we’re excited to be able to continue the drive again this year. We’d like to thank the public for their generosity, and our local partners for helping to make the holidays a little brighter for our community,” said Merissa Lynch, Marketing Manager for COR Development.
On Friday, December 13, COR will be holding a company volunteer day and will be helping the Salvation Army for the annual Christmas Bureau Set-Up Day at the Oncenter in Syracuse, NY. COR will join forces with hundreds of community groups and thousands of volunteers to make magic happen for low-income families. During this special day, eligible families receive a book, a toy and a stocking stuffer for each child in their family.
Collection bins will be available at the following locations:
Towne Center at Fayetteville – Fayetteville, NY
- Bonefish Grill– 600 Towne Drive Fayetteville, NY (Bring your donation to Bonefish Grill and receive a Free Bang Bang Shrimp Meal Voucher)
- TOPS Friendly Markets – 5351 North Burdick St. Fayetteville, NY
- Watertown Audiology- 544 Towne Drive Fayetteville, NY
- COR Development Company – 540 Towne Drive Fayetteville, NY
- Shoppes At Towne Center – Towne Drive Fayetteville, NY
- Square 1 Wellness – 310 Towne Drive Fayetteville, NY
- The Recovery Lounge – 311 Towne Drive Fayetteville, NY
The Syracuse Inner Harbor – Syracuse, NY
- Power House Gym – 210 West Division Street Syracuse, NY
- 315 Beauty Bar – Suite 102- 720 Van Rensselaer Street Syracuse, NY
- Square 1 Wellness – Suite 203 – 720 Van Rensselaer Street Syracuse, NY
- Iron Pier Leasing Office – 720 Van Rensselaer Street Syracuse, NY (Drop off your donation and get an exclusive first look at new Syracuse Inner Harbor Development project.)
- Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor – 310 West Kirkpatrick Street Syracuse, NY (Drop off your donation to the Aloft Monday – Thursday from 5pm – 7pm and receive two for one drinks at the W XYZ Bar and Lounge)
COR Center – Clay, NY
- Price Chopper – 3863 NY-31, Liverpool, NY
Towne Center at Watertown – Watertown, NY
- Beaver Meadow Apartments – 15963 Eimicke Place Watertown, NY
- Watertown Audiology – Suite 202- 53 Public Square Watertown, NY
Square 1 Wellness – Baldwinsville, NY
- Square 1 Wellness – 19 East Genesee Street Baldwinsville, NY 13027
November – January Holiday Drive Will Collect Donations for local Helping Hounds Dog Rescue
Beginning Monday, November 18, and running through January 30, the public is encouraged to also drop off items for the local animal shelter, Helping Hounds Dog Rescue. Donations include Grain-Free Dry Dog Food (Adult & Puppy), Canned Dog Food, Matingale (No Slip Collars – All Sizes), 6’ Leashes, Bleach, Liquid Laundry Detergent, Paper Towels, Facial Tissues, Trash Bags (55 Gallon and Tall Kitchen), Toys, Hand Sanitizer, Copy Paper (White & Yellow or Blue), and Gift Cards (PetSmart, Petco, Pet Supplies Plus, Mother Nature’s Pet Supply).
The donations will be given to Helping Hounds Dog Rescue on January 30 at a Yappy Hour Open House at Iron Pier Apartments (720 Van Rensselaer Street Syracuse, NY). The public is welcome to join from 5:30pm – 8:00pm.
What’s a Yappy Hour?
- Adoptable Dogs from Helping Hounds Dog Rescue
- Wine & Burbon Tasting provided by Pascale’s Wine & Spirits
- Food for purchase provided by Oompa Loompyas
- Bow Wow Mobile Grooming & Spa will be on site
- The Barking Orange will be on site
- Get an exclusive tour of Iron Pier
- Tour furnished & unfurnished model apartments
- Get an exclusive first look at the new commercial space
- Learn about the Syracuse Inner Harbor Development and MORE!
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army has been providing hope to the residents of our community since 1883. With broad variety of innovative programs that serve everyone from infants to seniors, our services touch the lives of more than 38,000 Onondaga County residents each year. None of this would be possible without your support. The Salvation Army is blessed by thousands of Central New Yorkers who share our dedication to helping those in need, individuals, corporations and community groups who donate their time and resources to make sure that those we serve are able to reach their full potential.
About Helping Hounds Dog Rescue
Helping Hounds Dog Rescue (HHDR) provides a compassionate approach to dog rescue by matching homeless dogs from overcrowded shelter systems with loving homes. HHDR is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization funded by donations, fundraisers and adoption fees, that works to find forever homes for rescue dogs in the Central New York area. HHDR is located at 6606 Kinne Road in Dewitt, NY. Their team of dedicated staff is well supported by an army of volunteers and as a result can successfully place over 1,700 dogs annually into loving homes.